By Janice A. Jones | Last Edited 08-26-2021
We are always on the lookout for new, unusual names, so if you have some suggestions, please let us know using the form at the bottom of the page.
Be sure to tell us which dog names page you think it should be placed.
Good luck with your search for the perfect puppy name for your little boy.
Reminders When Choosing A Name
- Short names are best
- Avoid taboo names that might offend someone
- Do not choose a name that might evoke a negative connotation
- Trendy names are here today and gone tomorrow. The dog’s lifespan can be 15 years
- Choose a name you can live with for at least the next 15 years.
Boy Puppy Names Beginning with W
- Wabbit – From Looney Tunes’ Bugs Bunny
- Waco – Also a City in Texas, U.S.
- Wade – Boy’s Native American Name meaning Dancing Girl
- Waffles – Tasty Breakfast Food
- Wagner – Germantic Meaning Maker of Wagons
- Wag – Fitting for a Dog whose tail never stops
- Wagley – Form of Wag
- Wags – Another Form of Wag
- Wakanda – From the Black Panther. Any fan would like this one.
- Walden – Anglo-Saxon Surname
- Waldo – As in Where’s Waldo (children’s game): Some dogs just naturally like to hide.
- Wales – Country in the UK
- Walker – Choose this one if your dog loves to take walks
- Wallace – Scottish boy’s name meaning stranger
- Wall-e – From the movie with the same name, Good name for a junkyard dog?
- Walrus – Good for a Pudgy Little Puppy
- Walt – The perfect name for a Disney lover
- Walter – as in Sir Walter Raleigh and Sir Walter Scott
- Wang – Very common surname in China, meaning “king”
- Wardel – from Anglo Saxon origins meaning “watch hill”
- Warhol – as in Andy Warhol, and American artist
- Warlock – from Old English meaning wizard or sorcerer, a great name for a clever dog
- Warren – from the Old French meaning keeper of the game preserve
- Warrior – A great name for a dog who wants to be alpha
- Wasabi – For that pup that likes things Hot.
- Waterboy – Maybe a pup who loves to drink?
- Watson – Elementary, my dear Watson
- Watts – A highly charged puppy?
- Wayne – as in John Wayne; English origin meaning craftman
- Weasel – name of an animal and puppy with a similar personality
- Weaver – Me thinks this would be good for a dog who hasn’t mastered walking nicely on a leash.
- Webb – an Old English surname meaning “weaver”
- Webber – an Old English surname meaning “weaver” or “maker of cloth.”
- Webster – For the dog destined to learn the names of all his toys.
- Wee-one – A very small dog would wear this name just fine.
- Weldon – From the Old English meaning a place name in Northamptonshire, England
- Wendall – a German baby name meaning “traveler or wanderer” A great choice for a puppy that tends to wander too far.
- Wes – British origin meaning “western meadow”
- Wesley – from the Anglo-Norman mostly used as a surname
- Wesson – of English origin meaning west enclosure; think Smith and Wesson Guns
- Weston – from Old English meaning “western town”
Boy Puppy Names Beginning with W
- Wheaties – Breakfast of Champions. Think your dog should be Grand Champion?
- Whiskey – great choice for owners who love the drink
- Whisper – a quiet dog with a soft bark
- Wifi – For the dog who has already taken a liking to technology.
- Wilder – Popular boys name usually seen as a surname, from English descent
- Wilford – from the English meaning desires peace
- Wilhelm – from old High German meaning “resolute protector.” A good name for an excellent watchdog.
- Wiggles Perfect for the puppy that won’t sit still.
- Widget – A great name for someone who loves technology
- Wiener – Dachshund, OK, I had to say it.
- Wilbur – German boy’s name meaning brillant. What dog wouldn’t want a name like that.
- Wild-Thing – From the children’s book, Where the Wild Things Are? a name for a crazy dog?
- Wiley – from Old English meaning “crafty” Do you have an extremely clever, crafty puppy?
- Will – from Old English and Old German meaning, “”desiring peace”
- Willie – similar to Will and William
- William – as above
- Winn Dixie – Name your dog after a famous dog of the cinema.
- Winnie the Pooh – Winnie could be a girl or a boy name.
- Winston – Old English in origin and means “joyful stone”
- Wired – for a techie sort of dog
- Wishbone -cartoon character
- Wiz – The over-achieving pup
- Wizard – For the dog that always outsmarts you
More Boy Puppy Names Beginning with W
- Wolf – For a Small dog with a big attitude
- Wolfgang – from Old German meaning traveling wolf
- Wolverine – a great boy puppy name beginning with w for someone who wants a superhero of a dog
- Wombat – a short-legged marsupial from Australia. Good name for a dog with a very cobby body?
- Won-Ton – A Chinese Dog would like this name
- Wonk – literally means “studious or hard working person but I’ll bet there are some dogs with a great work ethic too.
- Woody – An interesting name for a brown dog
- Woodrow – English boy name that literally means, “a row of houses by the wood.” A stately name for dignified dog
- Woofer – A dog who barks a lot
- Woofman – Ditto
- Wonka (Willie) He can have the name, just not the Chocolate
- Worf – Vulcan on Star Trek Movie and Television Show
- Wrinkles – Wonder how many Shar Pei dogs are named this?
- Wyatt – As in Wyatt Earp
Got some Great Boy Puppy Names Beginning with W
Why not share…
We’d love to add to this list of great boy puppy names beginning with W. If you have one or many, let us know.
Does This Article Deserve Your Thumbs Up?
We always appreciate your support and encouragement. Your thumbs up means so much to us. Please like this article.
If you find this page or any page on Small Dog Place Helpful, or Useful in anyway, I’d love it if you would click the small heart found on the bottom right of each page.
You can also share or bookmark this page — just click on the:
Free Monthly Newsletter
Sign Up for Our Free Newsletter and get our Free Gift to You.
my E-book, The Top 10 Mistakes People Make When Choosing a Dog (and how to avoid them)
This article was originally published by Smalldogplace.com. Read the original article here.