Animal shelters often have the most difficult time adopting out senior dogs, so Jan. 24 through Feb. 28, JCPenney Portraits by Lifetouch will be photographing and featuring adoptable seniors on its website.
JCPenney will also be offering free pet portraits for customers during those dates.
“The company’s invitation to offer exposure of some of our senior population to their audience is so generous,” says Sarah Collica, director of marketing and communications at Austin Pets Alive!, one of the participating animal shelters. “We are honored and proud to be supported by a community that cares so deeply for pets in need.”
Where can I see adoptable senior dogs?
Visit jcp.com/jcppetportraits to see the adoptable senior dogs at the following shelters:
- PAWS Atlanta, Atlanta
- Austin Pets Alive, Austin, TX
- PAWS Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Dallas Dog and Dallas Pets Alive!, Dallas, TX
- LA Animal Services, Los Angeles, CA
- MisPits and Friends, Louisville, KY
- Humane Society of Greater Miami, Miami, FL
- The Animal League, Orlando, FL
- Philly PAWS, Philadelphia, PA
- Halo Animal Rescue, Phoenix, AZ
JCPenney is also donating $1,000 to each shelter and giving a $500 gift card toward pet supplies.
Change a Pet’s Life Day
There are countless ways to change a dog’s life. Reach out to your local shelter and see what supplies, donations or services the animals need. And who knows, maybe your life will be changed, too.
This article was originally published by Dogster.com. Read the original article here.